Combines 1480 rotor variable speed pulley

wild_bill

i think you have the twospeed shift on the rotor in low gear

matt

Ih Novice- I can relate to this problem because I was also having trouble adjusting the rotor speed. I had three guys working on it until I finally called Case and they sent their mechanic out. We replaced those two bearings and the threaded piece and the piece it screws into before I noticed that there was a piece of the old belt in the pulley not allowing it to come together to increase the speed. You might check to see if any thing is lodged in there. If not make sure the electric motor is working. We have a 1688 and it is going to be a little different but you should still have limiter switches that stop it from going to far in either direction, test those to see that they are ok. Also sometimes those threads get gummed up and need a good cleaning you might have to take the chain off and screw it out one tooth at a time(pry-bar). It all depends on how hard it turns but if it has been setting for too long it's a good chance it's just needs to be broke free. Good luck chances are it's simple.