Combines 2366 I m not impressed

John_W

Curious, what have you been harvesting with this machine and where are you located. Harvesting crops that cause a lot of dirt to go through the machine really can wear things out in a hurry.

Unit_2

brandon, What kind of yields are you talking aboutIJ You should get at least 3 times that many seperater hours on in good corn and soybeans before you even think of doing those repairs. K.A.

dale3

Heck I just replaced the hort and vert unload augers on a 1420 that does beans and barley every year. The machine has 3214 hrs and the augers were original.

Anteater6788

Are these parts really worn out or are they just trying to sell you new onesIJ We just replaced the augers in our 1460 last year with over 3,000 hours.

Ed

Brandon, it's little consolation but I am equallly disappointed in a 1700 hour 1688 I bought last year. Some different repairs but some the same. Repair bills have increased by 50% or more over the previous record. Scooter's comment of trading annually for $10 per acre - well that's just my repair bill. Imagine having zero repair costs and a new combine annually for just $10_acre. Why am I driving a mortagaged POSIJ I think all used combines should come with a new set of pickup tires to accomodate the huge amount of running back and forth for parts or repairs. maybe a Case should come with 2 sets.

weber

Hmmm very interesting I have 2 1997 model 2188 with 3100 engine hours on them and a 1998 model 2388 with 3000 engine hours. Every year they cut wheat,barley,oats,edible beans,soy beans, milo and 200+ bushel corn. Sure I would like to have 3 lower houred machines but with todays prices and costs its out of the question. The worst problem I have on them is the side boots on the clean grain elevator shell out at about 1000 hours. I guess maybe there are some lemons out there and maybe you got one but we have had nothing but sucess with the red combines and I am the 3rd generation of running the red ones....

j_d_9600

brandon,our family runs an r-62 gleaner a john deere 9600. i replaced the unloading auger on the deere last year at 3500 hrs. yes it was shot,but is was the original. as for the gleaner at 1300 hours it is near gone. please rethink your R-52 IDEA you have not seen expenses yet.

Doug_in_Iowa

Brandon, It seems like you have to many parts to replace for that amount of hours. But hasnt anyone else noticed that vertical and horizontal unloading augers last nowhere near as long as they used to and they are alot heavier than the old 14 series ever were. As far as the grain pan being wore thru it really sounds like a ton of dirt went thru your machine, any down corn in its historyIJIJ I still think red combines are as good as anyones and hope things work out for you.

brand

To answer a few of the questions posted by the responders to my post...........I am located in West-Central Illinois, and the combine has only harvested corn and soybeans. Possibly a little wheat by the first owner. The machine did not harvest any down corn this past year, but it may have the first two years by the previous owner. I do not think the first owner showed exceptional maintenance, but that shouldn't have anything to do with worn augers and tin work. I remember having to heat one of the grease zerks on the rotor pulley to get it to take when we first bought the combine, which is obviously a sign of neglected maintenance by the first owner. Maybe we picked the wrong machine to keep.