Combines Comparison of new CIH and NH combines

23884lIFE

You have to remember, no matter what they do on the outside to dress it up, it's still a New Holland on the inside! About the size...a rotor combine is going to be small. A JD 9750sts is smaller than a 9600. It's the same as a 9500. From what I understand, everything is going to be the same, except Case familiar controls in the cab, and that it will have an AFX rotor, plus be styled much more conservatively. From what I can tell, CNH looks to be putting some flashy styling on its New Holland line to cover up the "old New Holland." Plus looks to me like they're going to make NH their premium brand. Makes sense since they are the ones who bought out Case.

calvin

You guys are all wrong! The NEW HOllAND machine is very bigIJ like 5 tons more than a 2388!look at the dimensions. Wait till you try to load one on a trailer. The combine sitting on the groud is almost 13-6 high. To haul down the road at legal hight in most states the tires will have to be removed and the combine set on a very low lowboy. It is also very heavy. For custom harvesters to use them there will have to be some very special trailers made.

23884life

Yes, the 2388 is super-lightly built. Work pretty good, but built very light. I know an STS is much heavier too.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

It is nice to see one combine manufacturer finally putting more iron and less tin in their product. It is true North American combine manufactureres have been guilty of putting less structural integrity into their machines and a big price tag on tin. If you are going to pay big bucks for something then get you some value for your dollar. The Cr combine has lots of structural integrity and will weigh several tons more than an STS and should last several thousand hours more than these tinny competitive "Panty weights"