Combines New 8010

newguy

Ill back you up on this subject again.... The guys at ADM were very impresse with our navy samples. Gotta give the red credit for simplicity of the machine.....but.....lexion is everything you say it is.

land_Surfer

Simplicity is in the eye of the beholder. I would much rather work on the left hand side of a lexion any day than trying to change a belt on my old STS. I swear, I would spend more time removing shields just to get to some dumb little problem that was a bear to fix. Everything on the lexion is in the open and belts just don't fail on today's combines by themselves. I have only changed one belt on my lexion 485R and have not spent over $7,000 on it during its three seasons of use. I has nearly 1,000 separator hours.

newguy

Half way through our corn harvest I noticed a good sized belt that was getting chewed up....we ordered a replacement, got it the next day and never put it on......I do not know what they are made of, but just like everything else on the machine.....quality was (is) a couple notches higher. Im just comparing our 99 models and every 9600 we had before.....the newer combines I cannot comment on untill after next season..... Sat in a 8010 and 9860 after harvest this year, the salesman were giving me the sales "speel" on all the new innovations....Its hard to keep the mouth shut and not tell him lexion had these options seven years ago......To all the colors credit...Im sure they are good machines.... Thought I better give a disclamer as we are on the red site.......maybe we should move our discussion over to the lexion siteIJ

RedHat

The 2006 models with the operator selectable hp mode work better than the earlier versions. Drove a 2006 8010 with a 2412 header, 5.3 mph (2nd gear-stick all the way forward with 4wd on),22.5% moisture, 190 dry bu_acre average and the power meter was below 105%. The monitor_flow rate ran between 3800-4700 wet bushel_hrs from one end of field to the other. Trucks and grain buggy couldn't keep up. I have driven an 04 model too and I don't think it works as well.

greengoose

redhat with a 2408 3rd gear with 4wd on.. 6.5 mph same bpa from one end of the field to the other :) go 8010.. or wait I was told the 9760 can smoke the 8010 lol

greengoose

Running in wheat that was going almost 130 bpa was running 4 - 4.3 mph taking 95% of the straw too..

BANDIT

Thats what I wanted to know. Was that with 36 foot draper headerIJ