Combines 9880 STS setting

farmboy

Try opening the lower sieve a little bit. With it closed all the way you are preventing a lot of air from going through the sieves, crack it open and more air will blow through and blow out the straw. Right now the straw is hitting the sieve and with no air to blow it out it drops on through to the clean grain elevator. Try that and see how it works.

Ham

Its hard to get a clean sample in canola with louvre sieves, but i suspect that the chaffer should be closed down a lOT more. My conditions are likely quite different to yours in that its usually very hot and very dry for us, plus my experience with canola is admittedly quite limited yet. I know of guys running with the chaffer almost closed for canola. Post back with updates. Is it just the standard small grain header..IJ

make0905

We have the same combine with a 30 feet headder and had a similiar problem in wheat last year! The first problem was that we run the universal concarve - small wire would be much better! Then i would say that the chaffer is too much open - we run with 12 to 14! And I would try to give more fan speed. In which country in Europe do you liveIJ greetings from Austria

jirziz

In few days we'll go harvest wheat too, hope to see better job done by that machine. We got some rain today, tomorow will try to close chaffer and open lower sive a bit. I was thinking the same. I'll let U know if it helped. Thanks all. I'm 40 km south from Prague, Czech.

HRGD

Your rotor should be in low range at abouut 350-400 rpm. Do you not have a book for initial settingsIJ

make0905

How are the yields this year in the czech-republicIJ Do they like being at the EU now - I heard the prices raised up a lot! Is this the STS with the 12 row corn head I have heard from itIJ I am 25km north to Klagenfurt Greetings from Marcus

twin_spinner

i have to agree with farm boy we have a TR98 and have set up different machines the same in canola open bottom sieve wide open so that you get a good volume of air going to the top sieve if you close the bottom sieve down it will direct the air to the rearof the top sieve . then use your top sieve to clean up the sample and adjust your wind to suit.Hope this is of help.