The new Canadian Wheat Board makes its move

notafarmer

Siemens Says - Things are moving forward for farmers who desired to market their own wheat, barley, and durum with the January court case getting the heave hoe by a federal judge in Winnipeg who saw the follies.This gives the Canadian Wheat Board the impetus to also move forward coming out with a statement of their own on just how they plan to move forward as an entity of its own. The CWB will reached its first agreement for grain handling services, with programs available for farmers by the end of March. This agreement is with Cargill and will provide farmers who market through the CWB with delivery access and port handling services.
I said before and I will say it again. Had the now defunct directors, the ex-CWB directors focused on the inevitable and not bent on destroying any moving forward of a voluntary board, things would already be much better.
I like this idea of the new CWB working with a grain company like Cargill. Remember when the CWB, in post monopoly stance, called the multi-nationals the evil empire and said more than once they will rip off the farmers. Guess what, now that so-called evil empire will work with the new board and farmers.
?We are very pleased that Cargill, with whom we?ve partnered very successfully in the past, has become the first player in the Canadian grain industry to find innovative ways for us to work together,? said CWB president and CEO Ian White. ?We can now move ahead to provide farmers with an exciting package of programs they can use with confidence in this new era.?
The president of Cargill Ltd., Len Penner, who I know well and has told me on more than one occasion they?d continue to work with the CWB, whether a monopoly or not.

Read more at http://www.siemenssays.com/blog/7492.html