Combines Header troubles in Soybeans

acre_eater

try running your pitch adjustment all the way up on your adjusting handles we have to run them thier when we run damp beans good luck!

Kurt

Thanks for your help, where do you connect a 40 pound fly wheel to on the wobble boxIJ Is it a different pulley setup or do you just bolt it to the pulleyIJ Thanks again I'll have to check out my spring tension.

Tom

Tim, Maybe Im a little more dense today than usual but do you run the adjuster in back all the way up or tilt the sickle in front all the way upIJ Thanks Tom Russell

Dan

Kurt, Crary air reel will fix her. On a cheaper note maybe the Johnson rock bar or tubing fastened behind the sickle. Does cutting diagonally with rows helpIJ I often wondered if a guy should go threw the trouble to offset every other finger on reel so they aren't all sweeping the same spot all the time. Maybe the rubber paddles that fasten to fingers will do the trick for you. Best of luck. Dan

Tom

Kurt, Dan mentioned the rubber paddles-we call them sweeps. After playing with where to mount them, I arrived at what works best for me. I put 6 on each side to coincide with row locations. They wore down right away but I just left them that way and they work fine. Tom Russell

acre_eater

Sorry I was not clear on the ajustment I am talking about the pitch ajustment on the real . I am running the same headas you and had same problem untill I put more pitch on the real I think i have the handels all the way to the top their are numbers by the handels think I have them set on n1 good luck! I

Tom

Tim, Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I completely forgot about the easy pitch setting on 500 heads. It was kind of a big job on older heads so I seldom changed it. Now I have one that is easy to adjust and I forget to do it. I will do 20 extra push-ups tonight. Tom Russell