Combines Has anyone seen the 180hr M3IJ

crowfarmer

Still waiting and wondering. No reply from my e-mail. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I have included my address once again so the photos_info can be sent to me. I live in Iowa but as our Missouri friends say, "Show Me" !

dairyman

Those things DO happen Tom. I bought an 8010 FWA PS in November of 1993. It only had 40 hrs. An older farmer had bought it, used it one fall on a chisel plow, put it in the shed under a blanket. His estate was selling it in 1993. Serial number shows it to be a late 1983 model. Still had the plastic on the seat and "new" cab smell. It now has 2900 hours, mostly trouble free till this fall when I found a cavitated sleeve. Don't know if that was caused by all the setting around or not. Have seen lots of 7000 series tractors with less than 2000 hours, but getting less than 1000 or so is rare. Combines don't rack up nearly the hours in a year that most tractors do. I doubt we put 50 hours per year on our M2 but we bought it right and can do our harvesting on OUR schedule.

wheaty

Im like the rest of you. I am not interested in it but would like to see a low houred machine like that one. I still think it must be a joke b_c this guy hasnt came through on any of his promises, and if it was me i would be taking bids and getting it outta there. It seems like there will be no problem getting rid of it with all the interest.

camshaft

I'll just add re: 7000 tractors You can't always rely on the hour meters with these tractors. Most quit after 2000 hours, so tractor may have many more hours than meter reveals.

crowfarmer

low houred machines exist. I bought an M2 Corn Plus 2 years ago that has less than 1100 engine hours. The elderly owner passed away and the machine sat outside for nearly 20 years. The chains were rusted solid and the paint, wiring and belts went downhill bad. I needed the torque sensing hub for the cylinder which was perfect. All of the augers, beaters, walkers, ect are perfect and it has a hillside blower that I will install on my other machine when I get the time. I need to get the engine down as it still rolls by hand. Unit makes a nice parts supply. Would have been too great of a job to meake her run again. There was a late M2 that had 600 hours or so, always shedded that sold at a farm auction near Ames, Ia last summer that brought $5200 for the base machine. Interesting comparison. I really question why wic doesn't deliver his photos like he said. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-

big_orange

I wonder if this is my old M-3,replaced the hour meters at about that many hours,but had a service book that gave actual hours.

dairyman

I know what you are saying, but there are other ways of telling if the hours are correct, namely cab upholstry and wear on the steering wheel and control knobs. The tractors I saw were legit. Our 7040 still has a functioning tach with ~6000 hours and I saw a 7040 at an auction showing 5000 hours. I knew the owner and this was actually 15,000 hours. That apparently was a GOOD tach.

wic

I am getting my photos ready. I have a lot of people to e-mail them to!

Sd_455

If this combine is for sale why not post a phone number to call to get info as to location, headers and price in your first postIJ Pictures would be nice as a follow up.