Combines hey Nathank

T__langan

I've never known a Gleaner Hydro handle to require very much effort to move - don't see where that's an issue. They also have only three buttons - with the bin unloader switch on the back side (BTW, being proud of how often you'll have to push it due to the small bin isn't something I'd brag about!). An accumulator takes the jerk out of header movements on all makes of newer combines - no rocket science there! I'm sure CAT must adhere to the same regulations as the rest of the combine mfg's when it comes to unloader height - the peak height of the Gleaner unloader is EXACTlY the same as the Red and Green camps and cannot be any higher due to ASAE regulations (or some govt agency, don't remember exactly which one) to be sold in the U.S. Duals, and yes, even 20.8 - 42's, are an option on the Gleaners as well. How many extra hp are required to pull all that additional weight up a hill or through a soft spotIJ The Deere guys like to brag about how heavy their machines are too but I see it as a drawback. Usually means lots of extra moving parts adding to weight. When compaction is a concern, I'd rather have a lighter machine that can carry the extra bushels in the bin. As for unloading speed, I don't remember the exact specs for the Cat, but it seems they were about a tenth of a bushel_min slower than the Gleaner unloader - might be wrong there and you're welcome to correct me on that if I am. I'm beggining to believe Tom Russell is right in that you're trying to convince yourself that you made the right decision. So far, you haven't made any claims of any superiority over an R72. Remember to compare apples to apples - comparing a new model Cat to older class VII Gleaners isn't a fair comparison since the bar is always being raised.