Combines Hot Deutz engine

t_leslie

1st make sure you cooling fan is not worn out. 2nd did the engine just do this one time, and never again.....could have had a stuck oil temp thermostat. 3rd

Silver_Bullet

Having ran an R50 for several years my experience has been that the blades on the cooling fan get worn some and move less air. We replaced ours about every 750 hrs. But it is a gradual thing. We noticed that as the blades wore, thus moving less air, it would also cause more dirt buildup on the engine oil cooling radiator.

Dave

Ed, I have an R50 and have replaced the oil temp sending unit once and a head temp sending unit once. With the oil temp problem the temp would go up and down over a day many times and set off the alarm, my head temp never got hot so I did not get to upset. When the head temp sending unit went bad it went all at once and kept the alarm on but agin the oil temp was down so I did not worry. I would change the sending unit. I have not been into the places some ot the others are talking about but they will know what they are doing and will not led you wrong.

T__langan

We never had trouble with our R50 running hot or even fan blade wear. But one way you might wish to manually check the oil temp to determine if you have a real problem or just a sensor failure is to pull the dipstick and check oil temp (carefully!) with your fingers. We've never had Deutz oil get more than pee warm on the fingers - even on hot days and engine working hard. Dipstick itself feels a bit hot, but oil is warm to touch. Perhaps check it with a meat thermometerIJIJIJ Just some ideas to try..... Good luck!

Tom_Russell

Did you check your fan blades against the dimension drawing in the service manual before or after replacementIJ My main trouble with Deutz heating is on a cold day when it takes a while to get heat in the cab. But you guys in southern parts of the world dont have to worry about those little inconveniences. Tom in MN

Dan

The light runs on a separate system than the gauge so if gauge is high and light comes on you can bet you are hot. You could take a water manometer reading of the air pressure within the shrouding and should have 4 or more inches of pressure. I have saw them as low as 2 and stay borderline from hot but should be over 5 with a good blower wheel spining up to speed at high idle. Running in another combines dust or very abrasive dust conditions will wear the blade quite fast. The cooler for the engine oil is the one that lays almost flat below the jugs. It is hard to pressure wash out the cooler well without a 90 degree end on your pressure washer. Good luck.