Combines 83 and 86 860s for sale HYDROS

rockford

I am just wondering I thought only the 1987 850 and 860 had the red unloading auger and hopper extensions. I sold my 1987 850 this summer which had the red unloader. Every other pre 1987 combine I have seen has had the grey unloader and hopper extensions. I could be wrong,has happened before.

beh

According to the Massey books that machine is an 86, that is by serial number. I do not know if the break on extension and auger color was somewhere in 86 or what the story is there. It is my understanding that the 87 machines do not say massey ferguson, just masseyIJIJ. we bought that machine with about a 1000 hours and to the best of my knowledge, it is original, maybe some one else can shed some light on this. Thank you for looking. Brad

matt_powell

I have what I believe to be an 1987 and it too has red extensions and augers. It also does not say Massey Ferguson on the side. It only says Massey. I would also note that the exhaust exits out the top instead of the side of the machine. Any information on this would be interesting

rockford

Definitely a 1987 model with only MASSEY on the side of it. My 1987 850 was called Massey instead of Massey Ferguson.