Combines ways to install cylindersIJ

bucko

lay a sheet of 16 gauge in bottom of cage, poke the cylinders in then slide it all the way across. then lift one end with the concave pull the sheet out , chock the discharge end with 2 pieces of wood so it just down on level and slide onto the spline. make sure your pieces of wood are small enough to get out of the stop sign opening when you put it back on. this is probably exactly what you do now and if it is then i,m with you and want to know an easier way. mind you we gleaner owners are a bit spoilt when it comes to ease of rotor removal

dibber

We made a long spear out of some 1"1_4 shaft, it looks kind of like a round bale spear. The shaft slides through the holes that are in the rotor stars. So you can pick the whole rotor up and slide in with a forklift or loader. With the spear you can change the angle to get it to slide right on the splines and you can install the rotor by yourself. If you want to see a picture of it let me know.

Ed_Boysun

I don't know if the Ns are the same as the P3s, but on my R72 there is a tapped hole in the end of the cyl. shaft. After the cyl is nearly in, we hook a lifting link to the end of the cyl with a bolt into that hole. Then put the engine hoist on the link and lift the tail end of the cyl. A couple short 2x6 under the cyl by the concaves and the cyl can be brought to the correct height with the concave adjusters. Use the engine hoist to bring the tail end to the correct height, and then a 6 foot length of 1 1_2" pipe stuck between a couple discharge paddles lets you rotate the cyl to line up the splines. Almost takes more time to write about it than it takes to do it. Ed in MT

jackshaft

we have 2 2*4's nailed together which we slide to the end of the cage(make sure your rotor grease door is closed at other end)then slide in your rotor and use your concave to adjust to the right hieght.the way we do it takes two guys, we can have the rotor out and back in ,in a hour easy.which ever way you do it's nice to have a machine where you can get into the guts so easy.