Combines CR CX Headers

JHEnt

Afew years back several guys around here got talked into using an aftermarket knife assembly. I don't remeber if most of them had Crary or SCH but the aftermarket company sold their kits with single knifes only. If your're running a single knife on a 20' or bigger flex head I guarentee that you will break wobble box mounts loose.

23884life

The new JD Hydraflex head doesn't have that GD wobble box on it.

JHEnt

Your right they have SCH drive boxes instead although I have heard of several in this area that broke loose from the head frames. That was a big improvement for JD to make though, since their own wobble box self destructed on 30' heads pretty regularly. Any way you go pushing a flexing sickle 30' or more is alot of strees. NH's wobble boxes held up pretty well with 20-30' single sickles, at least as good as Deere's did but the mount on the NH was way too light to change them to a single sickle.

BIGHEAD

The wooble box needs to be heat treated to restore a uniform hardness throughout to prevent cracking after welding.

CNHTEK

I have heard of problems with the hydraulic drive causing overspeed on the wobble box. (especially on a Honeybee) The bad news is I have not yet heard a solution to the problem and have never run into it myself.

oldred

New Holland got rid of the single knife years ago but they did not time the knife. To keep the knives from being out of time all the time they run at different speeds. This creates a vibration half of the time. The harmonics of this coupled with the new frame of the CR and CX creates some serious vibrations. This may be part of the source of the cracking problem. Have the techs at the dealership contact the travelling service manager for New Holland and get a print of the welded mount. I wouldn't be surprised if they got out of the factory missing some welds.

nhgb

It would be a bit difficult on our machine because its belt drive