Combines R40 What s it worthIJ

Trit

We were where you are now around exactly a year ago. Infact its time for our yearly payment. We had an early F3 and looked at a late 40. A year ago, depending on quality, the 40 and heads went for around $40 000. Ours has been one cherry piece of machinery. We took our time looking it over. It seemed a vastly different machine, but not all that bad. What areasIJ Vitals, as with anything else. Belts, if most are cracked owner may not cared to replace and that may be insight to other areas. Cared enough to oil_lube chains, also insight. Sometimes condition of cab will give a little insight. You know what looks pleasing to you. look for leaks. You should be able to get a general idea of what condition it is in. If you get the chance, on here, the rule of thumb has been a pencil width is replacement time for the accelerator rolls. Definitely much more machine than the late F2. I should think it will easily handle a 6 row. We had a 4 w_ the F so stuck with a 438, but machine does not have a problem with it. With F2, sounds like your opperation is about our size. I know you would like a 42 better, becuase we dearly wanted one. The set back is the newer cab generally runs about 15K more. Needless to say we are still paying of this one, let alone another 15K more. As a side bar, around Central Il it seems the prices are starting to sink a little more. I think you will like it, at least the same, if not more than your F2. It is about as difficult to service as the F2, once you know your way around it. The learning curve is not that bad. I have one year worth of experience to offer with this machine. We do a corn, soybean, and wheat rotation. Anymore questions, I will try my best to answer them. Good luck.

Forgall

Thanks for the comments, will be interesting what it brings, at a sale end of March