Combines Capacity

Kenc

I don't know how to make a comparison using wheat. I am a corn_soybean farmer, and we rarely plant any wheat at all.

Tom

I agree although I'm a dealer so maybe it doesn't hold the same weight. But I also noticed that after we did the upgrades our limiting factor was the cutter bar and the KWIK-CUT was not as good as the standard grain setup. I would like to try the HERSCHEl section with the larger serrations. Has anyone tryed thisIJ We had to slow down because of the soybeans were being stripped rather than cut due to high ground speed. We also were using a CRARY air reel. Now that is really the "CATS MEOW". Pay the extra $$$ and get one and you won't be sorry. Also had anyone tryed the CRARY sickle- we have not but would like to. We do like to use all GlEANER options and upgrades but if it improves our product we can be convinced. The lOEWEN product upgrades have made my customers true believers in after market production enhancements. Tom HurttHurtt Equipment Hoople, ND 58243701-894-6363hurtt@polarcomm.com

Silver_Streak

Have you done all the mods that Dan and Hypers have recommened. I can't imagine doing 180+ bushel corn, the truck or cart must have to run beside you all day long. Thanks Silver Streak

tbran

tom, a good agco parts rep would have you ordering those BIG TEETHS - uh TOTHS ah however you spell it , agressive sections out of the promos right from AGCO handy dandy parts dept. You only get one page per month from Batavia so how come you can't stay abreast of all the latest hot itemsIJ :-- Seriously we do use and reccomend the big tooth agressive section with the std. gaurds.Make sure the cutterbar is slightly tilted forward so the tip is lower than the back of the gaurds_sections. I think it adds at least 1 mph or ..uh ... how ever many kilometers_hour. It will grab and not strip the stalk. Watch your fingers though as those babys won't let go.( trust me on this, or if you don't beleive me read the blue cross insurance report..a finger is a terrible thing to waste!.) You know you can speed up the sickle with many different size drive pulleys also- but don't overdo it. A intermediate speed can be achieved by "cheating" on the variable speed drive also...again don't be mentally challenged here as I almost killed my MIl with an exploding wobble box........

MW

Can't comment on how a 660 compares to a 2388. But we have a 8780XP (the predesesor to 9690) and love it. It has all the capacity we need. 660=9690 and 670=9790

NHD

The capacity of the TR's in corn is limited only by the clean grain elevating capacity. The TR-99 has 3_4 inch wider clean grain elevator and a little different bubble-up auger system so it's capacity is about 2450 bu per hour where the earlier models are about 2,000 to 2,200.

AAPIII

We went from a 86 to a 99. The 99 has lOTS more capacity, but the thing I really noticed is the bigger horsepower.

Wayne_NC_Il

Can you be more specificIJ Is the increased capacity 25% moreIJ 35% moreIJ 50% moreIJ

AAPIII

I guess I really can't put a percentage on the dfference. But I can tell you is that with the 86_88 in high moisture corn(30-35 percent) with a six row head very rarely could we get over 3.5-3.7 MPH, but with the 99 5+ MPH is no problem. Beans we went form a 20ft head running from 3.5-4.0 MPH to a 30ft going 5+ MPH. Now where we live(central WI.) corn runs form 145 to 180 bushels per acre, beans 20 to 50.(we have seen 200 bushel corn and 65 bushel beans, but not very often) I guess what I am trying to say is that with the 86_88 capacity and horsepower where the limiting factors, now they are nonfactors Field condidtions and keeping empty trucks and wagons is the problem now. After having a 99 I couldn't image going back anything smaller.