Combines St louis

T__langan

Care to enlighten us on that unloader and how it worksIJ Thanks!

Mike

Basically picture a standard turret auger from the outside. The similaraties end there. Instead of going to the side of the tank and down into the tank and being fed by cross augers in the tank floor, the auger continues at the same gentle and all away accross the inside of the tank(the side the clean grain elevator is on. You still have a large floor auger which feeds the discharge auger. The discharge auger basically folds like a grain car when it folds back. The grain tank floor extends out just enough to catch any grain that may be in the auger when its folded back. The floor auger is the driver from the left side of the machine. The floor auger drives the unload auger via a very close coupled chain on the right side(a very similar set up to how the floor auger is driven on the current 65_75). No gear boxes, open gear drives, no long chains, no multiple floor augers and no upright augers. Really simple and really smart. Unloads the 350 bu tank in 1 minute 20 seconds.

tbran

Ah, Mike, there were several tables, each different! I had couple of slices of prime rib, awh grauten potatoes, and steamed veggies, then I went to the cheese table and sampled the cheeses - even green cheese - and little thingys I didn't even know what was. I stayed away from the pasta - looked nasty -. The simplest way to describe the R85 unloader is like that of a grain auger wagon with a catch basin for the grain when it folds. NIce. The new 4 chain feeder for the R65 is also. Some MF dealers kind of po'd that the gleaner dealers now have the mf but the mf guys don't have the R65 - which still outsells All the other combines put together built by Agco under any brand. The 'experts' who have run the units say "got flat landIJ - turn the rotor lengthwise : got rolling hills and slopes - turn it natural flow and get the benefits of the accel' rolls and the resulting hillside benefits. The new 35' 8200 headers are all welded mainframe and have the eliptical SCH drive and combined with the full finger auger and eliptical reel drive all are rather nice as well. The older non full finger auger and raised feather sheets can be ordered as well on some models. All the new implements will be branded under MF or Agco or Cat. The colors of Hesston , Sunflower and White will remain with a nice little decal. BTW the new colors of the Gleaners are 'fendtd gray' in lieu of black and the silver is as before. Nice new graphics and decal. New R85 has a nice cute but rather large rear end to look at as well. And the skirts lift up out of the way 'reel' easy,,,,,,,,,

Deerebines

Were you allowed to take picturesIJ I would like to see some if possible.

magnum_man

What do you mean by "elipitical reel drive"IJ Is it the same as a HC orbit reelIJ I think the bin extensions look sick and are way to high. They would have looked better with a more styled satelite dish type extension. Any word on the A85 unloader auger being put on the A65 or A75IJ

Red_Painter

Pics here http:__www.combineforums.proboards42.com_ See both the Gleaner and Massey section (St. louis)

tbran

Yes ORBIT, no not at the moment, the unloading rate is at or better than competition as is, esp with the new 14" option or std now unloader . bin extentions look like the ones 90% of deere are equiped with huhIJ-

magnum_man

I was thinking the new Gleaner A65 or A75 unload rate. They leave a little to be desired. They are the slowest on the market.