Combines Bin unloader won t shut off R60

Brian

I hope you figure it out soon. I would like you to tell us what you've found. We have an R-60 with unloading auger that will occasionally not start. We fiddle with switch in cab and on auger sivel then seems to go...probably just coincidental that it begins working again for a while.

hunter

check ground on hydro valve, clean nut that holds electro. cylinoid on the stack. Had this problem on a N,5. Good luck

Gerald

If it is the same as the R50, there is a odd-ball latching relay the controls the auger. It uses power to turn the auger off. Our 50 has the same problem, which turned out to be a broken off wire from switch to relay.

tbran

the part or harness or ground causing the problem is associated with n73145084. location is bottom of the door below the fuses. check the ground as it grounds itself plus has an external ground. Plug and unplug the harness and brighten the contacts. This is a 'latching' relay. Check to see if you get 12V on the wire from the unloader switch when pressing it off of course first as suggested earlier here.

camshaft

Thanks All for your replys. Tbran, I printed yours and have it in the combine. The thing has worked all harvest except for that first day. When I get time I will check the ground(s).