16 year old gift

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
My son is turning 16 in a couple of weeks. He doesn't really have a "want" for his gift. I want to do something great because 16 is a big deal. Thoughts?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Does he like to work on mechancial things? How about a big tool set?

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
What does he like? I'll throw out the big gift, car! Doesn't every 16 year old want a car? You probably have him working for that one though. I wonder how many parents buy their 16 year old vehicles.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
If he doesn't want anything in particular, you could always set aside some money for him in an investment account. He'll be thankful for that gift in a few years!

Golden Sunset

If he doesn't want anything in particular, you could always set aside some money for him in an investment account. He'll be thankful for that gift in a few years!
Sounds like a great idea, though it might need some explanation and education to make it an appealing gift to a 16-year-old I'm imagining.
If you think he's mature enough, maybe a trip somewhere far that he hasn't been to by himself, maybe to an uncle who lives far away or something. Would be a nice adventure, and I think kids learn a lot from traveling and seeing things.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
I would love to buy him a car, but he has to earn it. Deal is, we will go half and half.
I'm looking into getting tickets to a Redskins game.