Combines 1680 vs 9500

rjp

Turn the horsepower up! You should be able to walk over a 9500 with your combine! Turn the screw one quarter of a turn clockwise

Rockpicker

He should be able to walk over a 9500 without turning it up.

rjp

Maybe something wrong with pump, like maybe the boost. Is beeping at you all the time pistonIJ

Pist

I have no beeping. Is the power meter gauge reading the boost. My gauge runs around the 1 and 2 o'clock position.

Rockpicker

It could be that. There must be something wrong with our combine. One year my neighbor helped me pick up 36ft swaths with his 1680. I was in our 9600 and we were about even for capacity and loss.

rjp

Well I had a 92 1680 and it didnt have a power gauge. But if isn't beeping at you push it until it does. I don't think your running as fast as you could. Is this a new combine for youIJ

Scott

Your no load rpm is too low....I have a 1680 and was running with a 1997 9500 in corn last week, he could not keep up, he would run out of power at about 5.5 mph in 170 bu corn...we both have 6 row heads....only limited by how fast head would take it with 1680, about 6.5 mph

rjp

Maybe you could get your mechanic to put his boost gauge on your combine while you are running a load. That will tell you you if there is something wrong or if you don't have enough power