Combines 301 in a 7020 with anti freeze in oil

NDDan

I'm afraid the cooler wasn't the main problem. Copper sleeves leaking will cause presure in cooling system which will push excess water from overflow. If sleeves were leaking bad enough to end up with coolant in oil it would likely fill crown of piston and blow water from exhaust if able to crank over and get started. Any sign of scoring on bottom any sleeves. I'm afraid a cylinder sleeve oring would be your problem although you were not able to get it to show up. I've had trouble getting these leaks to show up just like you. Sometimes you let the pressure off and wait a day then pressureize again it will start spitting out the water. If you did not clean out push tube area and top of head ect. it will blow steam out for awhile.

MN_Dean

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the head and found two chambers with rust pits one with red rust around the sleeve. One of the sleeves came out with the injector. Will you be working with Butler or are you out of the buisiness nowIJ I have appreciated all your help over the years. thanks again.

NDDan

Most of us Hurtt employees have went to work for Butler plus we have gained six new faces since July. We are still looking for a couple permanant service techs. We have retained all the equipment we had at Hurtt plus we have gained about everything else under the Butler umbrella. Best of luck with your coolant problem!