Combines 315 Flex head creeping up

Dan

Pete, I am betting you have a three position HHC and a 300 head. I would be sure that cutter bar is able to go to the bottom of its stroke when head is raised. Be sure that all the pivoting linkage is allowing free floating without binding. Be sure that ground presure springs or wobble box counterbalance spring isn't holding bar from floating fully. If all that is OK you may need to adjust the turnbuckle from the feeler shaft lever to switch assembly a little one way or the other to get it in a more active zone. Good luck. Dan

tbran

Dan you are correct, however.... I have had good luck in exorcising Deamons by taking the operators manual in question and a glass of water from the tap and sitting it on a Baldwin piano (I know the Baldwin piano doesn't have any thing to do with the Baldwin Gleaner guys but its the closest thing I have) Then approaching the combine in question, I face toward Independence, then Hyper's place, then your place Dan, then taking the blessed glass of water- sprinkle a little over the unit and quote "think of the alternatives" " think of the alternatives" ' bout 6 times. This doesn't always fix the problem but at least you have the "bible" and a better attitude, and a glass of water for thirst.... :)-)

Jay_B

I had the same problem happen once with a 320 Flex Header. The beans I was cutting were leaning badly and when I would cut into the lean the stubble would push up on the skid pads and cause the header to slowly raise. I loosened the springs on the skid pads and it took care of the problem. Hope this helps.