Combines 4425 deere

95man

Aren't the 4425's a foreign buildIJ I'll bet all the shafts on that machines have metric size bearings, you'll spend more on parts and may have to wait longer to get them. Keep a U.S. built backup.

beet

could not have said it better myself , chains and sprockets are metric too .i've herd that they are good in straw crops .but ican not fall in love with the ugly things.

riceman

i wish I could farm with small combines. We have two 9600s and still need more capacity. I like to get everything cut and gone as quick as possible.

SilverTurnedGreen

If you need a "backup" machine of a smaller capacity, go find yourself a reasonable 4400_4420! Parts are plentiful and reasonably priced, plus the "bone yards" are full of these machines. My neighbor traded his 4400 on a demo 4435, only to trade his 4435 on an "immaculate" 4420; - with NO regrets. Deere North America continues to build replacement parts for these machines!

The_Red

Ditto on that. 4400s were very popular in Indiana in the 1970s and 1980s. The Bryant Combine junkyard just north of Portland, IN has well over 200 4400s. You can get most new parts for the 4400_4420. Most of the rigid hydraulic lines are no longer produced so you have to have flexible lines made up. Durn, I want to get that 1971 4400 to my house so I can start working on it.

firefarm

Don't let the naysayers Get you down. Parts are out there. Yes you will by from deere, brgs are reasonable there also. Machine is similar to 95, 105 series. Setup likewise. You can overload the walkers. Has some miserable places to work on but don't they all. Mine has 2000 hours on. The only metric chains are in elevators.