Combines 800 flex not cutting beans off

Dan

What sickle do you haveIJ Quick cut, SCH, or the standard one like the rigid heads have allways had. We have had trouble getting the quick cut to do a nice job in our area even if we speed it up. We found the standard sickle to a better job than quick cut and the SCH to do a better job yet. There are other sickles out there that look good and maybe someone else with experience can speak for them. We have made the quick cut work but it takes alot of work and you would need a bunch more guards. It wouldn't have been material sitting on cutterbar which was degrading the cut was it.

leroy

I had trouble doing a clean cut as well. I tried the SCH knife and then went back to the standard sickle. Now I run the Crary Gold'n'Cut with the quick cut sickle sections. It really does a very nice job

JK

We have the standard sickle. What is the SCHIJ We have a 20 ft. head on our MF 8570 so we can usually cut at 5 - 6.5 mph, so we need something to cut better at that speed. I don't believe buildup on the cutter bar is the problem. Hope we get some more responses to this question. JK

Dan

Go to Attachment Topics to see SCH and Crary. We ran a 800 with factory installed SCH this year and it worked well. I have not been around the Crary goldncut but it looks good to me. I've heard some praise on the Tigerjaw 2000 (I think that is the right name)but I have not been around that one. Anyone been around these other cutterbars and know if they have been changed in recent time to make them do a better jobIJ Any opinions on which one is best for high speed without shatter loss. Do cutterbars cut better with tilt set to just clear the dirt by an inch or better at about three inchesIJ Thanks for any comments.

Justin

I too use the Crary GNC it works great. The mini point actually saves shatter cause the crop doesn't have to travel as far across the guard. I think you would like ist works really good.