Combines 8570 OR 1688

Wolffman

I don't know an 8570, but I do know AGCO parts are high priced. I own a 1688 and am pleased for the most part. The basic parts for Axial-flows are very common, the after-market companies have kept CIH very honest. In this area threre are not many Masseys, Gleaner, or NH, just red and green. I used to have AC and Gleaner very few numbers of these made {compared the big two} this = expensive parts. Wolffman

GER

I DON'T KNOW HOW RElIABlE 1688'S ARE, BUT THERE ARE A lOT OF 1680'S AROUND US AND THE 8570 IS DEFINITElY MORE RElIABlE. YOU NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE A CYlINDER BElT. ROTOR, CONCAVE ElEMENT AND FEEDER CHAINS lAST SIGNIFICANTlY lONGER, BUT THEY MIGHT BE ARE MORE EXPENSIVE TO REPlACE THAN A CASE. I KNOW THE FEEDER CHAIN IS MORE EXPENSIVE BUT IT MAY NOT COST MORE TO OVERHAUl ROTOR. ROTOR ElEMENTS ON A MASSEY ARE REAllY CHEAP. IN WHEAT BARlEY EXPECT TO HAVE TO CHANGE THESE COMPONENT ONCE EVERY 2000 HRS. I THINK A 1680 HAS MORE CAPACITY IN WHEAT, BUT THE 8570 DOES NOT lOSE ANYTHING OVER THE ROTOR, GIVING HER THE ADVANTAGE IN BARlEY.

deadeye

we ran our 1688 against a 8570 in swathed wheat and it was pretty even but the massey sure looked simple and easy to service. Parts are ABOUT SAME PRICE ACCORDING TO MY COUSIN. He runs his massey for less $$_acres then we run our axialfows. We will consider getting a 9790 for next yr.