Combines 9760 or cr960

justapurrin

NH will have way nicer cab and lots bigger capacity in the cleaning area!

guru

we ran 4 cr970 this year the oldest 12month old were plagued with constant computer and component failure dam good when going the 4 9760 we done two belts and broke a knife just my two cents worth

twin_spinner

thats similar info to what iwas told , we have always had nh combines and jd tractors but we had a look at a 9760 last week and were very impressed our tr 98 has been a good machine but we would spend betwwen 7 and 10 thousand dollars a year on it and our mates that have gone from nh to jd wish they had years ago anyway thanks for your input.

Ilnewholland

That is a lot of money to spend on any combine. What kind of stuff do you have to do to itIJ I rebuilt the insides of a TR95 many years ago and it only cost around $6,000.00 Most years I spend under $500 on my TR's to keep them going. If I had to spend that kind of money every year on a combine I think I would put it on a payment of a new one.

Dustmaker

From what I have heard of the neighbors that have 9760's there great if you like setting the combine all day long, and don't mind high losses over the sieves. CR960 is a much better combine.

kinzepower

Setting it all day longIJ!IJ!IJ! Is this from experienceIJIJIJ Our 9760 was a dream to set, and never changed settings until we changed crops. No losses over the sieves either. We have the touch set controls , this is an awesome feature as I have 2 bad knees and the ladder seems like a 100 ft tall some days. I could set the combine from the seat and get an awesome sample. In wheat we had the best sample, by far, going into the elevator. This is with losses of less than 0.3% in 100+ bushel wheat. BTW, I would have my buggy driver monitor field losses throughout the day just to stay on top of things. We had 3 hours of downtime when a wiring harness rubbed on the combine frame and blew a fuse. Other than that it was fuel and go, very pleased with almost all aspects of this machine.

kinzepower

My opinion is that hundreds of hours of experience is probably more valuable than an 'observation'. Maybe I got lucky, but I doubt it. That is one thing that impressed me the most was how little time and effort it took to set this machine. One advantage I had though was this was my first combine so I had no preconceived notions on how it should be set. I even had one large operator call me numerous times to get help to set his 9860 even though he has a 9650 with 20 000 acres through it. He was setting the new one based on the old one and it kept throwing him a curve. I had no old habits, so I had an easier time getting it right the first time.

guru

we find the cleaning capacity on the 970 not able to handle what the rotor drops on it ...yes the machine can handle it going through the front but no it cant handle cleaning it also we find the fan to small on the 970 ....nh has a nice machine i give them that but really have to look harder at what the machines are handling an build reliablity into them some thing we feel is lacking,

JHEnt

The fact is that twin rotor machines have always had far more threshing capacity that separator capacity. In the CR they are much closer macthed. In fact I'd say with careful setting a CR940 can be set to match the threshing ability. The CR970 chassis is based on the TX66_68 machine. Perhaps either because the TX was not sold in alot of areas or that in crops like corn_soybeans the cylinder machine had threshing limitations, some people have trouble setting these machines. It might be more feasable that many are unfamiliar with the separator overall and I know that several fine tuning adjustments are not even listed in the operators manual. For instance I have yet to find any reference to the adjustable windboards except that they appear in a couple of pictures. I have not found any text describing their use. Of course you can go back and find that many TR operators did not know that there was any adjustable air deflection in those machines either. As far as reliability I find it amazing how much of that goes back to outside supplied parts. Warner Electric, Sauer_Danfoss hydraulics ect. I have to think that every combine company must have similar problems since there are very few suppliers of these components left in the world.