Combines 9860 sts capacity to 8010

hank

it was a hillside machine in eastern washington. It was new 2 yrs ago- don't know how many hrs he was putting on it. we have a 9680sts and cut with him for 2 yrs, so we know first hand how much he was down

beans

Was told to buy 05 model not 03 or 04. Did they have trouble with these first machines and have they been fixedIJ What differences would there beIJ Also what can I expect to pay for an 05 with 500 to 1000E hoursIJ

alan300

Mike we cut mostly corn with ours i was a case customer since i was 17 years old til now. If your dealership has a low houred 9860 i would certainly be interested in trading it to you. you are right my dealership sold 2 8010's both to myself. you would think case would step up and help dealership get machine right but outside of free parts they have done nothing and the parts proabably came from dealer because they are good people. Iam not a case basher this is a true experience, I would much rather see machine function properly. but it never has thats why we bought a deere so hopefully we would have 1 running and the deere did.

alan300

I have a 2005 with 12 row head and 30 foot flex head around 950 hours I will take $225000 for all three. has had all the updates, 254-217-2122

Shaulinis

From my experience with big combines like AFX 8010 and STS the rotor does the job the problem was and still is lack of cleaning aria (even on 8010) On first machines we got in 2005 and 2006 the constant problem was grain going to the fan and chaff to grain tank. It took us two seasons to learn how to avoid that. So I would suggest more sieves is better. About staying in the field. All machines have bugs and brakes down but in our aria the only combine returned after one season to the dealer was STS. Sins then market of big combines split in two parts 50_50 Case_Claas. But it is only in our aria with high yields and wet conditions. (I mean 5-8t_ha of wheat). Just my 2 cents

SOUTHPAW

If your going to spend that kind of money, what you need to do is rent, lease, or demo both with 30 or 36' drapers to truly decide which is best for you. Personally I think you would be happiest with a 2588. You WON'T FIND A BETTER MACHINE FOR CAPACITY, RElIABlITY, AND EASE OF MAITENANCE. and a huge $ savings