Combines AGCO Dealer Meetings

tbran

Company personell stand up, state what will be done, then duck and cover and come back a few days later and state " on further review we have not made a decision yet ". Tough one, I don't envy them. If it were me,,,, I have posted this before..... I would build one tractor line. If the Allis guys order a trator ship it orange, if the Massey guys order it ship it red and White - silver. Paint the cabs_chassis a neutral color and if you need to transfer a unit in the field change the sheet metal. Return the wrong color in a shippng crate. Don't alienate any more customers! ***Bob and Fred were best friends. Both killed in a truck wreck. Same funeral home, same viewing room, identical caskets side by side. Mortician ask the families if all is OK. Widows say men look great but they have Bob's suit on Fred and vice versa. Guy says "step out a minute and we will fix" After only a few seconds he asks them to return. "Great," the ladies exclaim, "but how did you change suits so fastIJ" "Oh we didn't", replied the mortician, "We just switched heads.." Same deal. Inventory turn and product availablity is the key to success. AGCO has finally "debugged" the new series tractors, they are working great. Fix kits for what didn't work. That ain't no propaganda. They are committed to quality and are steadily getting there, and yes it is_was a slow, painful, bodies-customers strewn by the wayside process. I have been a loud critic of the tractor mess but they have turned the corner and just in the nick of time. They are finally getting rid of the old field inventory with discounts up to 15% and up to 5 year FREE financing. Some real deals out there. Make sure they got all the updates and if one can find a model that fits your need, you got a good one. Big discount models are kind of limited. Sounds like a commercial don't itIJ

David

One other thing I have noticed is that AGCO has started advertising more. The most recent round of farm magazines I receive all have AGCO products advertised in them. (Especially White Planters now) You used to not see any.

johnboy

tbran you are right about the new tractors being good but the spare parts back-up really stinks. Four days ago i was parking the 6290 into the shed when the rear window exploded covering me and the cab in glass as well as the glass expanding outwards. Anyway AGCO said i had to prove that the glass was faulty (bit hard it's in a lot of pieces),the tractor is seven months old.So i ordered a new window and here comes the bad part,none in Australia and AGCO does not want air-freight one from France but send it on a ship (three months). Because we are in the middle of haymaking we had to get a glass cutter to make up a tempory perspex window to fit while we wait.Cost apx.$200 with fitting. The holes in the glass makes it hard to make one up without a template. AGCO don't want to pull a rear glass out of a new tractor to help out so it has cost us heaps. The point is if spare-parts and back-up is c**p it doesn't matter how good the product is.P.S. they don't have a answer to why the windrow broke either. Cheesed off, johnboy

tbran

absolutly no excuse. Does AGCO not have the VIP program down thereIJ They have a policy here in N.A. that if a product is down and they don't have the parts they will even shut down an assembly line to get the part in. I willl not defend some parts issues as All companies now have young guys and gals making key decisions who don't know a single tree from an horseshoe. That is the way of the future cause there just aren't enuff farm boys and gals to go around. They are finally realizing that and are instituiting traing to offset this. Back to your situation. Ask about 'VIP' and see of that policy is followed.