Aggressive calf demanding food by threatening?

wonderness

Hi everyone!

I am not a farmer but I came down to India for a project and going to be here for a few months. I noticed how amazing it is here, nothing like Canada, dairy cows roaming around the streets, eating the discarded vegetables from the market etc
There is a street veg market near where I live and the cow owners that manage the cows release them in the evening to wander around. This particular calf would show up everyday in this street where I live, only to be shooed away or whipped by the street vegetable vendors with a stick. It used to run away without being able to eat anything in fear. However this calf grew slightly bigger and is being very aggressive towards the people walking by.

So I felt bad and whenever go out, I buy fresh bananas like 20 or 30 and feed this calf. So far it didnt attack me. But today when I was walking by, it remembered me and quickly approached me, so I was like omg and I had 2 ripe guava fruits in my bag, I took them and fed it n pieces. It wasn't enough. I am used to feeding 30 bananas to this calf. So it quickly ate the guava pieces and wanted more. This calf didnt not understand I dont have anymore, and started to act aggressive in a way that it was jumping around, nodding. I was so scared if it was going to attack me. It was trying to get its head into my bag, but I had nothing. I had to push its head away from me not knowing what to do. So, quickly left, and it was following me. I went into a building to avoid it. It was waiting outside for a bit, then left.

So much for feeding the poor calf. Is this normal cattle behaviour, I am now worried to walk around without banana in my bags. I cant always carry bananas. These cows are jersey varieties.

Can someone explain to me what is a normal calf behaviour (i think its female) What do I need to do to be safe and will it attack me if I dont feed it???