Alternative farming methods

Chris T

Chris T

Farm Hand
I came across a statistic stating that small-scale farmers produce food for 70% of the global population. However, they are usually some of the world's most food-insecure people. What alternatives should be adopted to improve subsistence farmers' yields?

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
Do you think hydroponics would help in this situation? It would take less space and should use less water in the long run. I wish I knew the answer to the problem.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
I came across a statistic stating that small-scale farmers produce food for 70% of the global population. However, they are usually some of the world's most food-insecure people. What alternatives should be adopted to improve subsistence farmers' yields?
Most of the time, these small-scale farmers face challenges like food security and sustainability. Also, there are problems like overexploitation of natural resources, climate change, and increasing population. The main talking point is whether these alternative methods are sustainable when compared to conventional hi-tech agriculture.