Combines any 8820 die hards out thereIJ

Riceman

Your right, most of them around me have died hard! Only 1 left running and only because he did not get what he thought it should bring at auction. I got up in it the other day before it was drove to auction and it was like I had a bad flashback. Cab sitting off to one side and such a small cab compared to the 9000's. You can wear your arm out working those head levers. I guess thats why Deere keeps making new models. Bigger and better and faster.

Deerebines

Don't forget about the constant worry of when the powershaft bearing is going to go out under the seat so you can pull the cab off to replace it. Or, bending over the top of the engine to get to the oil filter. Or a reverser that pull's hard 90 percent of the time and it's in such a place even a body builder would play heck getting the handle pulled up to be used. Sheet metal that won't swing out of the way easily without removing bolt's so you can get in easier to clean or work. Engine noise directly in your right ear. A barn door to swing open to make sure there's always dirt and chaff entering the cab. My previous was a 6620 and it was a good machine for it's time but I am much more pleased with the 9600. IN other words.........Ditto Riceman......Ditto Deerebines

riceman

like I said, they just keep getting better and better. How many of them have you seen with the sheet metal cut out right by that handle by the cab door. Easy access paneling is what I called it. Your right ear rung after a day but not always because your head was turned that way to look at the end of the header that seemed so far away. Run what you like, but I know what I like.

y

Yeah, don't remind me about bending over the engine and changing the oil filter and also the fuel filter. Forget about trying to clean the sediment bowl. I had a 7720 and now have a 9500. Never could keep the cab clean, dust and chaff would sit above the door, everytime you opened the door there be dust coming in. If not from there, dust come from under the seat, the metal shield cover. Oh yeah, remind me of trying to get the seat back down after you had it folded up. Jd, thankyou for inventing the buddy seat, reminds me of going along for a short ride with the operator instead of waiting in the truck, how your butt would be stiff after riding on the armrest. The 7720 was great, 9500 much better.

T_B

We run 8820's and love them also. The perfect new machine would be a new 8820 with the cab in the middle and the engine in the back. We really like ours.