Any decently priced yet capable soil moisture sensor recommendations?

djfoster

djfoster

Farming peanuts, cotton & some other stuff out in West TX and looking to implement new sensors mainly wanting to measure moisture but additional readings like humidity, temp, etc would be nice too. I'd like some decently priced recommendations but also I'm willing to spend so that I don't end up with something cheap either.

So essentially: yall got any recommendations? If you do including the price would be great! (Including any other fees like per acre cost or subscription fees would be appreciated too)

Also, what would you personally say is a good price for sensors?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Welcome to the forum! I use them, but it's for my greenhouses and I don't think the company does outdoor crops. I do have some advice though. Make sure you get a quote in writing. I'm happy with what I got, but the guy tried to raise the price by a grand once it was finished. I already knew there were no unforeseen issues that would jack up the price that much, because I was around when it was installed. Having the quote in writing helped them stick to the original price. I saw two different guys, so it's possible it was an innocent mistake.