Combines anybody scared of the duetz

Silver4life

I would not worry about the aircooled engine as long as there are no oil leaks around the jugs. The only thing that killed these engines were leaks that were not taking care of. You will enjoy the lugging power of these engines and the fuel economy. I am on my third piece of equipment with this engine and still no complaints. I would put these engines side by side with anymake, and before you think I am a little to partial to these motors I do own a new cummins and newer perkins and they don't even come close.

brent_56

We have had no trouble with the Deutz air cooled Engine. it has been very good and we now have a little over 5000 hours on it. It has been very reliable and it will outlug any engine of comparable horsepower with no problem. You do need to make sure that you keep all oil leaks checked on it especially around the sleeves in the air chamber because it will plug the fins on the engine causing it to over heat. They are really good motors though.

Tom_Russell

I am very happy with my Deutz V8. As the other guys said, fix any fuel or oil leaks that may occur and you will have a very reliable, powerful, and efficient engine. This may sound crazy to some, but when things are going to pot around here I like to get in the cab of the R60, fire up that big Deutz, and wait for it to warm up a bit before shutting down. Not only is it good for the engine, but the smooth purring engine is also very relaxing to the mind.

brent_56

I can definately relate to the feeling. Sometimes i love to start up the l2 and listen to it run i love that combine! Im crazy because i can visualize everything in the cab, Yeah i know weird srory.

thyristor

thanks for the confidence boys,the amount of correct information a guy can get when he surrounds himself with smart poeple is awsome.

Ed_Boysun

I believe the Deutz is a decent engine, if properly cared for. To be on the safe side, I'd make the deal include provisions for an oil analysis after a proper warm up (proper warm up means at least 2 hours under load). Check the fan for wear and be comfortable with the replacement price. You also may want to price re-building just one jug to give you an idea of how things will go if they turn sour. Today's M11 Cummins will make a monkey out of the V8 Deutz, which is a much larger displacement engine. A C12 Cat, which is about the same size will completely humiliate it. Still should be plenty of power for the R60 if you do some of the tricks outlined on this site though. Ed in Montana

acfarmer

You should do a valve clearance check. Very important on these engines. I love my duetz V8 very good on fuel .

camshaft

Nothing to fear with a Deutz. Very good fuel economy. Some of these have a truck govenor. I changed mine to an ag version, makes it respond a lot quicker.

thyristor

i am located in south eastern manitoba canada.one hour south of winnipeg three miles north of the canada USA border, seven miles from the I29 customs.my e-mail is jackshaft66@yahoo.com