Apple TV - Good and the Bad

Auctionguyyy

I have been using the Apple TV "puck" for a few months and was very happy until my latest experience.

First the Pros -

Using an Ipad, Itouch or Iphone as the remote is fantastic. Surveys show that a huge percentage of Ipad users are using them while watching TV anyway. And Iphone users have them surgically attached to their hands so it just makes sense.

I Love being able to pull any media I have in my Itunes account on my desktop to my TV instantly. Nothing like watching Podcasts like www.agphd.com on a real TV instead of my Ipad

Being able to mirror the Ipad is a great feature too, especially for Youtube or www.realagriculture.com

But, just had a bad experience when I tried to rent a movie through the AppleTV interface.

It doesn't download and sit there ready to watch. I Purchased it and it said it was downloading so I thought it would be fine to watch the next day. Then when I went to watch it the next day, it again said it had to download and it would be ready to view in 15 hours !

Ok , another day went by and we started to watch it finally, but it had only downloaded 3/4 of the movie and quit. So then it was another 3 hours to wait.

We have a high speed connection and have no problems, but this is why I cancelled Netflix because it didn't buffer enough.

When you rent on Desktop or Ipad it downloads and you can watch it easily enough. Why not on the Apple Puck ?

Back to Bell Expressvu I guess. Wait 15 mins and watch the movie.