Automatic milking machines?

Tia37

Farm Hand
I was suggested to own some kind of automatic milking machines but I was thinking shouldn’t it be better to do it manually with your cows or am I just being too traditional?

jack

jack

Farm Hand
How many cows do you have on the farm? Hand-milking is cost-effective when there a just a few cows. For instance, a farmer who milks 500 cows would require not less than ten people to milk by hand, and this would be time-consuming. A machine, on the other hand, can milk 30 liters out of a cow in about 7 minutes. Besides, a modern milking machine doesn't injure the udder.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
How many cows do you have on the farm? Hand-milking is cost-effective when there a just a few cows. For instance, a farmer who milks 500 cows would require not less than ten people to milk by hand, and this would be time-consuming. A machine, on the other hand, can milk 30 liters out of a cow in about 7 minutes. Besides, a modern milking machine doesn't injure the udder.
There's no way anyone can milk as efficiently as a milking machine. In addition, as Jack said, hand milking can injure the udder. Milking machines use suction, while hand milking puts pressure on the udder, and unless you're really good at it, you can injure the udder. If you're just milking for your own use, you're probably only milking one cow, or just a few, you can buy a portable milking machine.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
There's no way anyone can milk as efficiently as a milking machine. In addition, as Jack said, hand milking can injure the udder. Milking machines use suction, while hand milking puts pressure on the udder, and unless you're really good at it, you can injure the udder. If you're just milking for your own use, you're probably only milking one cow, or just a few, you can buy a portable milking machine.
Nothing comes close to them in terms of efficiency. However, milking machines require thorough cleaning before and post milking. In the absence of this, bacteria particles could gather in the tubes and contaminate the fresh milk. The cleaning steps are not complicated, after all.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Even Tractor Supply sells the sanitizing solution for cleaning milking machines. As Jack says, the cleaning steps are not complicated.