Back to virtual schooling?

• Thread starter Urban Homestead
  • Start date
Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
The local schools here might shutter again because too many students have caught the virus, some of which needed to be hospitalized. Schools have just started up around the US. Do you think we're headed for another year of virtual schooling nationwide until the vaccine can be approved for all children? I just can't see a great answer to the problem.

Katie

Katie

Farm Hand
Do you think we're headed for another year of virtual schooling nationwide until the vaccine can be approved for all children?
I don't have any children so I'm not in the thick of things, but I can't see us going back to the restrictions that we had during the height of the pandemic. Whether it's wrong or right, most people just want to get on with their lives.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I hope not; it did not go well for us last year! I haven't seen anything on the news to suggest there's been an outbreak in my son's school or I might feel differently. He's pretty good about wearing a mask, so I hope that will be enough.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
No plans for that right now. Our schools start next week so I'm hopeful they will go back. Cases are on the rise here too. I bet the numbers will be higher once school starts. I know here they are mandating masks still.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
Oh I sure hope not. These children need to be in school with their classmates. They need to be taught at school and not virtually. I really wish all this COVID-19 junk just goes away.