Baking Class at the Farm

• Thread starter Homestead Hustle
  • Start date
Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
My wife is holding a baking class this coming weekend. She's going to teach people how to make a simple homemade cake from scratch. She thought this would be the perfect time to dip her toe in the water because so many people like to bake around the holidays. I hope that several people show up and learn from her - she's an amazing cook!

Kathy

Kathy

Farm Hand
I think that's a great idea! I'd definitely go if I had a class like that near me. I am a decent cook, but I struggle with baking and would love to learn how to do it better.

Nora

Nora

Farm Hand
I hope you'll let us know how it went, @Homestead Hustle. That sounds like a fun class that I'd enjoy myself. Maybe your wife could turn this into a business.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
That sounds like it would be great for young adults who are just starting out and aren't used to cooking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she has a great turnout. I hope you'll check back in and let us know how it went.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I love to bake and know I could definitely improve with some knowledge, so I'd go to something like this. I agree with the others who said this could be a cool business for her. Please let us know how it goes.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
How did it go @Homestead Hustle and did many people turn up for the class? Based on the turnout, she can make an assessment and consider a follow-up class. Has she already explored the business side?

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
That sounds like great fun! Is she charging for the class or just sharing her knowledge? I hope a lot of people show up too.