Combines Bean Head Electrical Connectors

T__langan

Tom - spend some of your hard earned $$ and get a '98 or newer with an 800 head. They have integrated (I think) all electrical into one connector. Our 800 had to be converted back to the old style as our '93 has old HHC. I agree with you - they ARE a major pain. Don't see why you couldn't wire everthing up to one big connector though. AGCO needs to look at CAT header connections and do something like that - all electric and hydraulic connect together - then K E E P that set-up and throat width FOREVER instead of changing everything every few years! Just imagine that day when any header would fit any year_model of Gleaner combine. That's one area I have to hand it to Deere. Tom langan

Dave

I replaced the original connectors with a 5 or 6 pin trailer hitch connector the first year I had the machine and it works fine. It only cost a few dollars at the auto supply store.

acre_eater

I have been thinking of the same thing. I am going to do something on this order this winter.I think i will move the connections away from the feederhouse so I wont have to dig through the dust and chaff to undo them.