Best for getting to fields

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
Which vehicle type is the best for getting out in the fields without tearing up the land? It's been pretty damp here these past few days since we finally got some rain. My truck is doing a number on the ground.

MartyR

Farm Hand
We laid down gravel where we could, but it does get expensive. An ATV is lighter than a truck, so I'd try one of those. The only problem is that it can't carry as much as a truck.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've always used my 4wd pick up or my tractors. I never had a problem, but my pastures and hayfields had thick grass. If it was really wet, I'd use my garden tractor. I have a cart that I can put behind my garden tractor.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I'm thinking that a UTV of some sort might be a better fit. They can go over rough terrain, but since they aren't as heavy as a truck, they shouldn't do as much damage.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
We use many things, ATV, tractors and trucks. We don't have any problem getting in and out of the fields. Is it really wet there? I would say if the trucks are ripping the ground up, try a tractor.

Grower

Grower

Farm Hand
Try using lighter equipment. It may help reduce the harmful effects of the machinery. Heavier tractors can stunt the growth of your crops if it affects the soil due to its pressure.