Buying technology vs. upgrading machinery?

VergeAg

VergeAg

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone purchased technology instead of buying new equipment and found they got the same or better output than if they had upgraded?

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I'll bite, tell me more please. What kind of technology would we buy that would help replace equipment? Or should I say do better than new equipment? I'm always trying to learn new things.

VergeAg

VergeAg

Thanks Gordyg! It's a software that is focused on planning, simulating and optimizing farm operations. It utilizes machine data to load accurate field boundaries. It doesn't matter the size of farm or equipment type, it sends the data to the GPS system so that all machines are working off of one set of lines. This way there's no overlap, misses or confusion between operators. The machines become more efficient, meaning less wear and tear, less fuel and from driving the most optimized route, it also maximizes every acre when it comes to input costs, soil health and time spent seeding, spraying or harvesting. Farmers are finding that by using the software (called Launch Pad) they aren't needing to upgrade their equipment. I'm not sure if this helps? What equipment are you using today?