Combines Cat cornheads

Case_Farmer

Curious cause we might be buying one what don't you likeIJ thanks

shucks

Don`t get me wrong,Case_IH makes a good head that works fine in normal dry_standing corn but I think other brands feed better in down corn conditions.Also in greener corn at the start of the season it feeds a lot of green fodder into the combine and fodder hairpins at the top gathering chain sprockets where the lugs make their way back forward causing ears to "boil" and shell.Not a real big deal and the new ones might be better but I`m just considering my options.

land_Surfer

There isn't a cornhead on the market that can do what a lexion head can and do it with less power like the lexion head. Knife rollers are standard, I don't eventhink lexion has fluted rollers. lexion knife rolls are like the old CaseIH 1063 head, where the knives meet to snap and cut the stalk preventing any build-up on the snouts and causing less material to enter the combine. I watched the lexion head follow a gerinhoff chopper head at a farm progress show one time and, to me, it did a good enough job not to warrant the extra cost for the geringhoff chopper head. The lexion heads are built stout with skid plates up front to protect the front of the rollers and the cross hex-shaft underneath is segmented and chain coupled to every gear back making change out easy if needed and they also flex. No matter what combine I run in the future (probably never trade for anything but another lexion),I will always have a lexion cornhead.

Case_Farmer

The more and more i read about guys talking about corn heads makes me want to keep the good Case IH corn heads 1083 maybe i could get a later model so i don't have 15 grease zerks to grease daily :)

catlover

I have a 2004 508 8row for sale ,used one season loaded has it all. Call me (270)970-0970 ask for jason

2rotorsrule

I don't care for my 12r30" Cat corn head. Just don't like it....just don't...lots of reasons there's nothing special about it

44mac

I couldn't agree with you more Case farmer. The same old story with case,just when they have something working good they n!@* it up! 44mac