Combines challenger combines

Red_Painter

There was a post on another site claiming that Agco told Agcco dealers they were not going to drop Cummins as it was considered one important reason for buyers going with Agco product. If true, it's probably true for other engines Agco uses though Challenger products should be all Cat_Perkins.

land_Surfer

It really should be posted at the Massey Talk page, as Massey is the true brand and design of the Challenger combine. As for differences between the Challenger and Massey, the only differences are the engine (a Cat vs. Cummins, each with the same horsepower),sheet metal contour and color and a 10% price difference in favor of the Massey.

combinepro

I have wondered the same thing. It seems to me to end the confusion the cat, massey, and gleaner pages need to be consolidated. Also the new holland and case need to be together. But I do agree this is confusing, in some places you might go to the cat dealer and get cat combine parts and at the next get agco. What do you guys think. I have heard the new cats are using lots of gleaner components.

phat_daddy

The challenger combine has Gleaner parts in it: the cylinder bars are 3_4" wide spaced gleaner bars, it has S-39 final drives designed and used on Gleaners,the cab was designed for Gleaner then put on the Masseys, the lift cylinders and rear axle where put on the Gleaners when the 2 series was introduced. They also share the same switchs and hydr. block clean grain chain,tailings chain and feeder chain.the feeder house is designed after the Gleaner along with a couple other parts.

ndfarmne

What problems have you been hearing of on the ChallengersIJ I personally know of three machines(670s) that have had no problems. The people that have them love the machines. One of the guys also leased a 9760 Deere that the Challengers about ran laps around, especially after it's engine blew. tj

Silver_Shoes

Maybe something fishy there, I believe they have those combines as stock combines to sell, I know of on guy with the challenger in that area and no problems I know about. 12 row head and it doesnt take them long to pick a patch off