Combine harvester

Grower

Grower

Farm Hand
This device is practical in that you can get rid of other equipment once you have this. However, I'm wondering if it's worth it because it's also costly as it is useful. It'll be good for the increase in production if we're thinking long-term, but I'm doubtful it wouldn't affect the environment. What's your opinion on combine harvesters?

Katie

Katie

Farm Hand
I don't have enough land to justify it, but combines sure are zippy and will save a person loads of time. Have you looked into renting one, Grower? That might be more cost-effective.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
They're only useable on a few crops and those aren't my specialty, so I have no use for one. They might be beneficial for the environment if you think about it. Using a combine harvester means you'll need to make fewer passes over the field. That should mean less gas and fewer carbon emissions.

pullbehind

This device is practical in that you can get rid of other equipment once you have this. However, I'm wondering if it's worth it because it's also costly as it is useful. It'll be good for the increase in production if we're thinking long-term, but I'm doubtful it wouldn't affect the environment. What's your opinion on combine harvesters?
how many acres are you looking to harvest? There are small combines from japan available in the USA. I can put you in touch with a person that imports such equipment. Done business with him and he is an honest person. I bought a chinese 3 wheel Boaz combine from him. No dealers will help you so be ready to fabricate your own parts.

Grower

Grower

Farm Hand
I can put you in touch with a person that imports such equipment. Done business with him and he is an honest person. I bought a chinese 3 wheel Boaz combine from him. No dealers will help you so be ready to fabricate your own parts.
Thank you for your offer, although I was only curious about people's opinion of combine harvesters. It sounds more complicated to know that you'll have to make the machine yourself. Is this always the case?

pullbehind

Thank you for your offer, although I was only curious about people's opinion of combine harvesters. It sounds more complicated to know that you'll have to make the machine yourself. Is this always the case?
Hello, Thought you had an area to harvest and were looking for a small combine. A combine harvester is the way to go if you have more than 1/2 acre to bring in. The big manufacturers of combines can repair and supply parts for their machines, but usually don't offer combines for smaller operations. Most of the small grain farms no longer exist ,tractor companies can't make money on small equipment and have dropped manufacturing that class of combine. Small farms like mine usually end up buying old equipment that no longer have parts available . All the best , Dan