Combines Cooling fan doesn t turn

Dan

Joe, I'm a little green hear but I'll try help. A little play in shaft and fan sounds OK but not alot. There would be four rubber rollers in the coupling to act as a flex coupling. You should crank her up when she's cool and quickly look to see what all is turning and then shut down. If everything up to and beyond flex coupling is turning I would expect to find backed off bolt or bad bearing in side blower. Blower housing would have to be pulled off to service it. Blower has a fluid coupling and is given full oil pressure to more or less lock it up when engine oil pressure is supplied to it. There is no thermostat throttling the oil to that clutch in the combine engines. Hope that helps. Dan

t_leslie

joe, ther are four rubber busings in the square drive, i have never seen or heard of them just dissapearing, you probably have a bearing gone out wich caused the drive to get off center and push your bushings out, be sure to check the bearings in the little gearbox in the v8 "valley".

Joe

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out a snap ring in the clutch assembly fell apart and let the bearing and shaft back away from the coupling. And that let the rubber rollers fall out. Spent today learning more than I really wanted to know about Deutz cooling fans. Joe