Coon or bear...

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I woke up this morning to all of my birdhouses and suet feeders messed with. Two suet feeders were torn off the porch, opened and the suet was gone. Whatever animal this was bent my double Sheppard hook right down to the ground. The bird feeders were still on the hooks full of birdseed. Whatever it was also took a bag of garbage out of the big garbage container.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
That stinks! Did you see any bear scratches? Most times you can see their tracks or some sort of scratch on the trees or somewhere near.
I've seen coons knock stuff over.

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
Time to unpack your tracking skills.If you don't make their life difficult more sooner than later, whatever it was will come back. Let them know whose property that is.

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I bet it's a raccoon because a bear would've done more physical damage. Try spraying some hot sauce around your property to ward them off. They sniff out food, so interfering with it might help.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I agree with Urban Homestead, a bear would have probably caused more damage. I've had both attack my bird feeders, once a bear has been there, you know it.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I agree with the others and think it probably was a coon. They are pesky and certainly cause damage. Bears will usually break feeders, sounds like your feeders were left alone.