Combines DEERE S ROTARY

tbran

Depending on lots of factors you might be surprised, pleasantly or otherwise. Deere finally has a rotary after telling the customers for years that the rotaries were inferior ... THEY HAD BETTER BE SUPERIOR!!!! They have less HP , less grain tank capacity , and weigh 'bout 3 tons more than a R72. Finally Gleaners sides are powder painted Silver over METAl. Advice- Before entering a battle of wits - arm yourself with a little ammunition next time.... :)

lbran

I was told by our local Deere dealers service rep that the new STS, which by the way is "not" a rotary, weighs in @32,000 lbs. Now I find that hard to believe, but, if it is true, I now understand why they used plastic instead of metal to cover it all up. When they "BURN" you have less to clean up.

customcutter

Deere's Rotary (which is indeed a rotary threshing machine) information is up on their website now. The 9750 STS weighs just over 28,000 lbs. They have a 300 bushel grain tank and horsepower of somewhere at or above 300. Also have info. up on their new draper header, which is a MacDon wannabe painted green with (you'll love this) plastic snutes on the end.

Coug_Fan

Well.....sounds like they are TRYING to play catch up with Gleaner. They have 20 years to go. Farmers in my area call the N series the combine that kicked Deeres butt. Gleaner is now the n1 combine around here which was once dominated by the 6602. In fact...the local Deere dealer now also sells Gleaner. Maybe they know something we don't.

t_leslie

i was told that the deere rotary was not a true rotary machine, again i was told this, he said it it had convetional threashing and rotary separation.