Combines depenability of the R50 s

Nate

Hi Shane, if you are considering a l3 or R50 I would definitly go with the R50. I have nothing against the l3, because we had a l2 and it was excellent and now we have an R50 and it would be very hard going back to a conventional combine. The rotary combines are a lot simpiler and eaiser to work on. The air cooled engine in the R50 is great little maintence is required and no water pump to worry about. The R50 has the P3 processor so you can still bale behind the combine. As for the price you will pay a little more for the R50 but it is worth it. Parts for both machines cost about the same. We just love the R50 and boy, can that thing eat corn! If you are looking to buy an R50 I think ours is going to be for sale real soon. It is a 1988 model, but it was sold new in Dec. of 1989 and is fully loaded, all monitors, chopper, feed reverser, 24.5x32, 12.9x24 tires, 1600 eng. hrs., 1000 sep. hrs., it looks like new and is a 9 on a scale of 10. Dad will probably be asking around $50,000_offer for the base machine and if you would like a 1991 315 flex and 1989 6R30 corn head, he could make a package deal out of it. We are looking to update to a R52 or R62. We are located in South Central Wisconsin near Madison. Please E-Mail us if your interested at ljschuld@globaldialog.com, if you want to, and make us an offer. Hope this helps, Nate.

Shane

Nate, Thanks for the response. I would really like to get a machine through a dealer because of the low interest plans.Go ahead and ask your dad what it would take for the flex and corn head also. Have you had any problems with your R50 so farIJ What type of crops have been ran through the machine.

Nate

Hi Shane, we havn't had any major problems with the R50. We run corn,beans and wheat through it. The bean head has only had about 1500 acres run through it and the corn head has had about probably about 2000 acres through it and has been rebuilt both are like new. I'm up at school right now and don't know how much he wants with both heads, but you can E-mail him @ ljschuld@globaldialog.com and ask him what he wants. I will call him and tell him you might E-mail him. His name is lloyd you can also call him @(920)674-4279. Thanks for responding and call him if you want to.

Nate

Hi Shane, I also forgot to tell you it has new accelator rolls ($650),and it also has a new air conditioner pump. One last question. Where are you locatedIJ