Combines Deutz 6275 engine fan

NDDan

I'd fill her 1_3 to 1_2 full of any grease you have handy and let er buck. May thing on these things is you never lose the film of oil on moving or wearing parts.

tbran

Talked to a Deutz engine rebuilder. He said down thru the years brgs were shipped both ways, double seal with a metal shield on out side and metal shielded with an open side. On the open side as Dan said , he packs the brgs with high temp ep grease and then about 1_3 to just under 1_2 full in the cavity. On the sealed brgs which are available he still puts about 20% grease pack in. He said no problem in this area for thousands of hours unless the engine is cleaned out and the fan is 1_2 cleaned and leaves it bad out of balance due to dirt on one side. In that case it doesn't matter they will not last anyway just as a fan on a liquid cooled fan with a blade off will knock out the water pump brgs.

tbran

and while on the subject, in the oil clutch fans such as the 913c on the 9100 tractos and 9600 and R50 -52 combines ::: IF the fan has a dry rumble sound when the engine is shut of and the fan spins down, the problem that is starting is the spool the needle bearing runs on is starting to delaminate or score. During running the needle brg and spool turns at the same speed - thus no wear occurs, but after many hours the spool will get 'dimples' in it and start the 'rumbling ' sound. Replacing the brg will not quite the sound unless the spool n 2231685

Dairyman

Talked with several dealers and no-one had any experience in this area. The Deutz part number (110 9041) I gave my AGCO dealer changed about 3 times and finally ended in a number my dealer said was a la Port number (70573970). This bearing is only sealed on one side. I would be surprised if la Port was using any metric bearings or Deutz used English bearings. My dealer talked to a Deutz dealer in Wisconsin and he said to use totally sealed bearings, so my dealer cross-referenced until he found a sealed bearing that would work. I'll post that part number when I get them.

tbran

not unusual - most engineering is done in metric even though using asae measurements.

Dairyman

Fully sealed bearing is 72438724. Guess I'll give those a try.