Dewalt, Rigid, Craftsman - what?

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
I was looking to buy a Dual Bevel Compound Sliding Mitre Saw. Holy smokes are there a lot of brands! Anyone have a particular brand for power tools? I am learning towards the Dewalt, only because I like the stand better than the others.

bluestyle11

The Ridgid stand gets good reviews, and I have the mitre saw in 12". It's a great saw for my use in a wood shop and the lifetime warranty is nice with their tools. Never needed it for the saw, but they have replaced several batteries for me over the years. I have heard great things about the makita as well with the dual slides.

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
Festool makes a very high quality one ... it is a professional woodworker brand so the price is a bit on the high side

For every day use, the Rigid is a good saw

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
We have the Rigid one as well. The stand that came with it wasn't a great one (didn't have wheels). We bought the next best one - cost around 199. We use it all the time, love it!

Toymaker

Farm Hand
All the same quality wise...as most are made by same workers on different production lines/days with minor changes in design and common components like motors.

If DeWalt is comfortable to you, go with it. Price is secondary if its what YOU like.

Im partial to Makita and Dewalt stuff...but wouldnt pay a big premium for it all other factors being equal. Shop for sales and join a few facebook tool deals groups.

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Toymaker- never seen any Facebook tool deal groups. Sounds interesting. I'll have to go search. We did buy the Dewalt with a wheeled stand. We are looking into buying more tools soon so I'll look for a deal group.