Combines does any one use fieldstar

T__langan

We've got Fieldstar on our R52. like it so far - also never used any other to compare with. We don't have the GPS thingy for field mapping so I wish they would allow you to disable the warning that data card is not installed every time you start the separator. Also, I think it needs a different warning beeper, it sounds too much like the Tattletale beeper. Have had the moisture alarm go off and nearly give me heart failure hearing that beeper and franticly searching overhead console to see what just disintegrated!! When calibrating the yield, I wish it would change the harvest yield stored in memory too. EX: Say you harvest a hopper full of corn. Fieldstar says it measured 275 bu. You take corn to a scale and weight it and it comes to 220 bu. You do the cypherin' and get your new calibration figure and punch it into fieldstar. It still reads you have harvested 275 bu even though it will measure correctly from now on. I wish it would change amount harvested to 220. Now I have confused everyone......!! Also, would like to see yield represented as a number as well as the graph display on the harvest menu. The graph is nice to quickly compare current yield with the field average but is too hard to read to determine yield as a number. Especially when burning down through a field the way these Gleaners like to harvest! These are just minor things - overall I'm happy with it, especially the moisture readout - saves tons of time once calibrated not having to stop to check moisture in different fields. Tom langan

john_keller

Fieldstar support is available at 1-800-201-9618 hours are 8:00AM to 10:00PM Mon - Sat. All of the concerns brought up by TWlANGAN will be addressed in the next update. This will be a free of charge software update to all registered users.

Nick

We have had the fieldstar system for three seasons now and have had good sucess with it. It was difficut to read the screen where it was orignally mounted so I moved it down and forward, now it sits above the gear shift lever. Now we can drive and look at the monitor at the same time. It would be nice if we could make moisture maps also. Hope this has helped. Nick

acre_eater

thanks for your comments I would also like to be able to pre load field names or number before going to the field. also to be able to map dry yield.

john_keller

You can make moisture maps, although not with the Fieldstar software. Export the raw data to .fsy,download AgBrowser from www.agris.com, you can make moisture maps, also yield and altitude maps, Fieldstar logs this info.