Duck Kidnapping

MartyR

Farm Hand
I live in a small rural town, so it's usually a slow news day...cue the recent reports of a rash of duck kidnappings that have occurred in some neighboring states. Have you guys seen it on the news? Pet ducks are getting stolen. Wild ducks are getting poached. Are these people after dinner or is something else afoot? Have you taken any extra precautions to protect your ducks?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I live in a large city down south. However, the local news station still covered the story about the duck being stolen from a little girl in California. Is that the one you're talking about? I have no idea why anyone would steal a duck. KFC is pretty inexpensive so I find it hard to believe that the thief was just after some dinner.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
What! No, this is the first I have heard of it. I don't have farm animals but I would be protecting them if I did. What in the world are people doing, stealing ducks!

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
This seems pretty silly to me too. If it has happened more than once I would say it isn't a targeted incident. I wonder if something is getting the ducks (another animal).

The Back 40

The Back 40

Farm Hand
Sounds like something Florida Man would do.

"Florida man found with duck he stole to support his "quack" habit. LOL

It's a sad state of affairs these days, I'll tell ya.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
I haven't heard of this, but it's awful that people's pet ducks are being stolen. It seems pretty silly to me. It would make a little more sense if it was ducklings that were being stolen, but why would anyone want to steal an adult duck?

ChickensAndCows

ChickensAndCows

Farm Hand
This seems pretty silly to me too. If it has happened more than once I would say it isn't a targeted incident. I wonder if something is getting the ducks (another animal).
A predator was my thought too. If the ducks are allowed to roam around at night, I wouldn't be surprised if a fox or a weasel or an owl is the responsible party. I hope it gets figured out!